Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving


This was a tough one, because Andrew was not feeling well on Thursday. I felt awful, because I ended up giving him something that I had the week before. He was coughing a lot and just seemed miserable during the morning. After his nap in the afternoon, we took him over to the Mike's parents' house for dinner. From the moment we got there, he perked up and seemed to feel better. 

He ate some crackers before the food was ready and then didn't really eat anything once it was time to eat the good stuff.





With Great Grandma Betty:



Having his way with the kids table tablecloth...



Starting a band with his cousins...



Snuggling with Grandma...





Marcia even got Andrew to say "I Love You." He also said "olive" while we were there and now says the word "silly." His vocabulary has been picking up just over the past week! 

On Friday morning, we were happy he had his 2 year appointment scheduled, because we were worried about his cough. However, he said it was just a virus and nothing to worry about. He has been feeling better, so that was good news. I have been a little worried about his weight, but the doctor said that he is genetically thin, and all we can do is continue to feed him healthy meals throughout the day. His height and head are right on track, but he was only 22 pounds 6 ounces (2nd percentile). I know it didn't help that he had barely eaten for days, because he was so sick. Poor guy is still wearing 12 month pants, and he wore the same pants at Thanksgiving that he wore at last Thanksgiving. At least I don't have to worry about having the opposite problem, which would be really hard. We're just so blessed that he is a healthy little boy. After the tough year we have had, I am thankful for the little things. Another reminder of that is when my dad and Myrna were leaving my house from Andrew's party last weekend. Myrna got a call that her brother was in an accident, and he ended up passing away a few days later. They spent the day before Thanksgiving at the funeral, and I know it has not been an easy week for her. 

I'll end this blog with a few pictures of Andrew outside. It was unusually warm last week!





No comments:

Post a Comment