Friday, September 13, 2013

Labor Day

We had a nice and relaxing Labor Day with family this year. We enjoyed some college football on Saturday and even got the pleasure of buying a new refrigerator. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in one of my previous blogs, but our air conditioner and our fridge broke on the same day in August. Of all the luck! We thought the fridge was fixed, but it broke again with the same issue a week later. Basically, we used our neighbor's fridge and lived out of a cooler for weeks. It was AWFUL!

The Friday before Labor Day, Andrew made 4 Grandparents' Day necklaces. He was THRILLED when Marcia and John wore the necklaces to his soccer class and my dad and Myrna wore their necklaces at Granite City for dinner Saturday night. I know my mom would have loved to wear that necklace!

Labor Day, Mike's parents' did their annual breakfast at the park, so it was a good chance to see family. On Monday night, we had a beautiful trip on Mike's parents' boat. They ordered pizza and the weather was great. Mike's cousin, Beth, took some really neat pics of Andrew and me.









Here are a few from my camera:





We have also been seeing these beautiful hummingbirds on our flowers in the evenings. They don't seem to be afraid of humans.








Something else really neat that happened over the weekend was a hawk that made a little visit. I told Mike on Saturday night that this hawk that we always see on this particular road while driving is my mom watching over me (we just see him so much!). Well, Monday morning, Andrew and I are sitting on the couch eating breakfast, and Andrew points to the window. I asked him if he wants his milk, and he says, "No. Big bird!" I look out the window, and there is a hawk on our deck looking at me and Andrew in the window! WHAT!? I yelled for Mike to come in, and we all stared back at it until it spread its huge wings and flew away. A little coincidental, don't you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment