Earlier last month, I found a large lump on Jez's chest, and the vet recommended that we go ahead and remove it to be on the safe side. He actually wasn't feeling optimistic about it, because he said if it was a fatty tumor, it would move around inside the body, but this one was firmly attached. For a week before the surgery, I was feeling really down, as it's hard to imagine our family with Jez in it. I know she is almost 10 years old, but she still seems like a pup in my mind!
I am extremely lucky to have a wonderful vet and two friends at the animal hospital that I worked with in high school. They took wonderful care of Jez when I couldn't be there for her. Four vet trips later, Jez is as good as new, and we did confirm it was just a fatty tumor! Finally, some good news around here!
Here are some pictures of her wearing a t-shirt after she got her drain tube out from her surgery. The vet recommended she wear a snug t-shirt to prevent anything getting on our furniture, carpet, etc. I found the shirt Andrew wore from the ALS walk, which was meant for a 10 year old. Everything was adorable until I found out 2 days later that her armpit was almost completely rubbed raw from the shirt. Terrible dog mom! We are just glad she is okay and back to her usual self (rambunctious). The bald spot on her leg is where they shaved her to put the IV in.






No comments:
Post a Comment