Well, we rang in the new year by going to bed before midnight! We're quite the exciting couple! It doesn't help that there is a certain someone that goes to bed at 7 every night. :) We saw the ball drop at midnight Eastern Time, which was good enough.
Of course, like most people, we have been trying to eat better since the new year started. That is never easy, especially if you can do things like eat a foot long burrito and a giant shells and cheese meal in one day like I did last Friday. I think the hardest thing to eliminate is Diet Coke. While I did a good job of that last year, I'm struggling this week. I caved and bought a pack of Caffeine Free Diet Coke this week. My other resolution besides living a healthier lifestyle is to learn more about photography. I've always loved photography, and I bought a nicer camera back in October, but I'm not sure how to use a lot of the functions. I'm hoping I can take some classes this year. Mike's resolution is to be on time, which I will believe it when I see it! :)
One nice thing about Christmas Break is we got to spend a lot more time with Andrew. He's so much help around the house lately. :) Here is he "helping" me take down the Christmas decorations.
For some reason, he kept trying to escape later that day. Maybe he is just as tired as the rest of us at being cooped up all the time.
He certainly cannot get enough of his new car! Any time you need to get something done, you can put him in the car and push him around. For instance, if I need to eat lunch, and he is hanging on my legs, I just put him in the car and take a bite of food every round we make into the kitchen. Sounds practical, right?
Due to parental exhaustion, Andrew's break consisted of things he normally wouldn't get away with, such as splashing dog water all over the floor and his clothes...
Digging through the recycle bin and partying with Mountain Dew...
He started a band....
He went cruising in his sexy boots....
He hung out with a pillow from the bedroom...
He stole the dog's toys again (he actually plays with the dog's toys more than his own)...
Yesterday I decided to take him outside for a few minutes just to switch things up a bit.
He had so much fun, but got really mad at me when when we came in and I wouldn't let him play with some cords behind the TV. I shut the door to the bedroom and brought him out into the hallway. It was very dramatic. He takes after me.
It just amazes me how many things he can find to get in to every day! Tonight he got mad because I threw away a popcorn kernel he found on the floor. He figured out how to open the garbage can and started throwing garbage on the floor. He has really started getting worked up if he can't have something. Poor guy has been having a rough week, though. He has been battling a problem with milk for about 6 weeks now. I finally just bought some toddler formula a couple of days ago, which has helped tremendously. I cut back on the milk or mix it with the milk, and he has been much happier. We thought he had the flu last week because he was throwing up, but we figured it out it was because he had too much milk. He has also been cutting two teeth on the top, which have been bothering him. He was in a chipper mood today, which made me happy, as the last few have been rough on him.
Before I tie this one up, I wanted to add some bath pictures of him I took a few nights ago. I put up his new basketball hoop and balls in the tub, which he loves!






















No comments:
Post a Comment