In this picture, he begged me to put his boots on, and then when we didn't go outside (we just came in 15 minutes prior), he was not a happy camper!
About to let me have it again for not going outside...
Here he is at the park the other day. He would have spent the night there if I let him. This is me leaving and waving bye to him.
He did walk all the way back to the car, though, which was impressive! The getting in the car part was not so impressive. I thought I was going to have to call Mike at work for a second, because I couldn't get him in his car seat. I wasn't sure what to do. I considered doing a Britney Spears and driving home with him on my lap. Now that he can put his feet on the back of the seat with his new car seat, he even uses the back of the seat to do his back-bend and locks in place. It's all a little comical when I think of somebody walking by watching me try to pin him down with my elbows while getting the straps on him.
He has also been making me laugh this week. We are still working on getting used to his "toothbrush", and he was doing a good job until he started brushing the dog with it.
Nothing like a snack after brushing your teeth and the dog...
He has also been getting off his schedule a bit since he was sick for the first half of the week. I couldn't get him to go to bed the other night, because he was crying and coughing. The second he gets out, he walks to the kitchen, opens up the stove drawer, and takes a pan out and sits in it.
Today I would tell him to "say mama", and he would say, "dada", and burst into laughter throwing his head back. He had me laughing so hard, that we did it all afternoon. When Mike got home, I had him do it for him, and of course he loved it! Andrew just loves his daddy. When Mike got home from golfing this morning, he "golfed" with Andrew in the living room for a while. Andrew is really great at watching somebody do something and then imitating it right away. He was supposed to get his new golf set for Easter, but he saw it when I was cleaning the closet this morning, and of course I could not resist giving it to him!
He has also been into offering people his food lately. I am the only person that will take the food from his grubby little hands into my mouth. :) Here he is offering me a goldfish.
On Wednesday night, we went to go see Tammy's son, Kaden, play basketball. While Andrew did not want me to carry him in or hold his hand, he did a really great job of sitting still for most of the game. Emily and her mom, Kathie, came to the game, too.
Please don't touch me...
Do I look nervous here?
Last night Mike's parents had us over for dinner, and his mom cooked us a delicious dinner. Andrew loves going there to see them and to play with all the toys they have over there for the grand kids. Today Andrew and I hung around the house while Mike went golfing. Andrew ended up getting his first scraped knee (and face). We were blowing bubbles in the driveway, and he was running for one of the bubbles and fell. He went down on his knee and actually rolled after landing, so his face got it too. They were both just bleeding a little bit, but I think my gasp through the neighborhood scared him the most. I don't think we will be doing as much playing in the driveway. It's just the basement well in the backyard makes me so nervous that I want to stay away from that until we get it covered. I have to think of something, because he wants to spend 100% of this time outside. He needs more toys and a safe place to play. I'll get it figured out!




















No comments:
Post a Comment