Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sickness, Sickness, please go away!

The subject line pretty much sums up the week! I came down with something earlier in the week, and then Andrew ended up getting it on Thursday. It just seems like it has been constant sickness for the past month, and it's driving me nuts! Mike's birthday was this week, and Andrew was so sick on his birthday that we didn't do much celebrating. We were going to go out today, but didn't want to get anybody else sick that would come over here to watch him. Andrew even missed a birthday party he was invited to on Saturday at Monkey Joe's, because we were not up to par. My friend, Andrea, has a daughter named Bella that is turning four. I was really looking forward to the day. It seems like he was doing much better today, though, and we put together his wagon that has been sitting in the box for a month now!




Once in a while Mike will say something that makes me laugh so hard that I can't catch my breath. When we were trying to get the wagon out of the box to put it together, Mike told Jez she better get out of the way or we were going to put  her in the wagon box and mail her to an orphanage. He said the kids would be so excited when they saw that a a radio flyer had arrived, but would be disappointed when they opened it and saw it was just a stinky dog.

For the last few weeks, I wanted to see if I could ween Andrew off his pacifiers a little bit, but he ended up finding the stash in the cabinet when I opened it to make dinner a few days ago. Jackpot!





Last week he ended up getting a real first haircut (not me trying to cut a chunk off while Mike holds him on his lap). The girl that watches Andrew during the week has a friend that cuts hair, so she was nice enough to come to our home. Yeah. Not a good day for Andrew. We had to pin him down while she did what she could. Big tears were rolling down his face. Can hardly wait for next time. I swear his hair has already grown since she cut it, too. He also used a fork for the first time this week. He did pretty good! Not much food got in his mouth, because he was having so much fun, but it was a good first try!



He has also been doing this head shake thing that cracks us up. I posted a video below of the head shaking in action.



All I can say is that I see warm weather coming this week, and I am SO HAPPY. I didn't know how much more winter I could take. The winters can be so depressing here. It's also frustrating to see my Arizona friends doing all sorts of outdoor things on facebook during the weekends. Finally, that will be us! Nobody loves going outside more than Andrew!

1 comment: