Andrew got mac and cheese all over his face and hands while we were eating and was not happy when I tried to clean him up. Dad offered to take him into the men's room to wash his hands. A few seconds later, we hear all of this screaming and carrying on. Dad and Andrew walk out a minute later, and dad has mac and cheese covering his shirt, and Andrew still has food all over his face. It was hilarious! That Andrew is a feisty one!
On Sunday morning, Andrew ended up waking up at 5:30, so the day was a little throw off. We took a walk at 7, and it was already getting warm. The high was 97 degrees, and we felt every bit of the heat when we went to Mike's grandpa's for a Memorial Day family picnic that afternoon. However, before leaving that morning, Andrew found plenty of things to get into. When I went in the other room for a second, I came back and found that he had taken the Teddy Grahams out of the cabinet in the kitchen and was eating them on the couch. So funny! Guess he wanted a little snack.
Then he found the Santa wrapping paper that I had bought that I was going to use for "Santa" each year. I bought 5 jumbo rolls, because I thought that would be sufficient enough for the next 7 years or so. Well, he found all of them under the bed, and pulled each of them out, including the one that was already open.
We have felt a little cooped up, because Thursday and Friday we had a sprinkler system installed in the yard, along with some new plants and trees, and they ended up not finishing the job. We had to go the entire weekend with giant holes in our front and backyard, so Andrew was not able to go out there the entire time. Then it ended up being 100 degrees all weekend, and I had to water the new plants and trees to death, so we didn't lose them. So much fun! :) Andrew was thrilled to get out of the house at 2:00 for the picnic on Sunday, even though we were not thrilled about the temperature outside. I ended up chasing him around most of the time, and it was HOT. You can see how red poor Andrew's face is in the pics. You don't even want to see what I looked like!
On Monday, Mike and I took Andrew to Woodfield to go to the Disney store and Rain Forest Cafe. We had such a good time!
The Disney store was a hit!
![]() |
| Load up! |
![]() |
| Don't they look excited to be there? |
He passed out the second his head hit his car seat, and we had a nice and relaxing drive home. We bought him some safari animals from the Rain Forest gift store, and he has been having a great time with them. He likes to bring the gorilla and monkey in the bath with him each night.
On Tuesday, I took him to get his 18 month pictures at Target. They turned out pretty good. I should be getting them in the next 2 weeks or so. When we got home, he fought me tooth and nail to take a nap. Then I find him doing this a few minutes after taking him out of his crib:
He did end up going down a little bit after this picture was taken. That afternoon, I took him over to the park since the landscapers were still working in the yard, and he was so cute when I took him on the hiking path. He just ran along the path like he goes hiking every day. He would trip and fall and then jump back up and keep going.
Before I wrap this one up, I wanted to mention again how much he loves his blankets (one in particular). When he walks into the room looking like this, I spring into action to get my camera (especially the one where he looks like Hugh Hefner).



























No comments:
Post a Comment