Monday, May 28, 2012

Botox

Well, Wednesday I survived the botox in my neck and shoulder for the bulging disks. I have also had a problem with clenching my jaw and making the pain in my neck even worse. I haven't figured out if I clench because of the pain in my neck, or because I'm stressed. I had such a terrible experience three years ago getting the botox, that I was a bit of a mess. This time was so much better!

Last time, these nurses literally had to hold me down while they did the injections, because the pain was unbearable. I had blood soaked bandages that I didn't take off for 2 days, because I thought I would pass out. This time I had a different doctor, and  I told him about my worries (my blood pressure was 170/111 when I arrived at the hospital, so they knew I was quite nervous). The doctor went and found the smallest needle they had, and it made a world of difference! While it still didn't feel wonderful, this time it was tolerable, and I didn't even need bandages. They also gave me numbing injections beforehand, as well, which helped with the pain.

Things have been feeling pretty good except for one spot that was missed. We did 6 injections, and I thought I pointed out all my problem areas, but it can be hard to pinpoint the exact areas. Now that everything is numbing up, I can feel the one missed problem spot. However, things are much more tolerable for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment