Monday, October 22, 2012

Chuck E. Cheese's

Last weekend we took Andrew to Chuck E. Cheese's for the first time. I was really disappointed that it didn't look anything like it did when I was a kid. I was most looking forward to the animals singing, putting on a "show", etc. Instead, the only mechanical creature they had was Chuck E. Cheese, and the rest of the place was like an arcade. I think Andrew had a pretty good time, though. He didn't know what he was missing. :)








I also finished my three week photography class, so I have a better idea of how to work my nicer camera. I felt like it would be a waste of money to have a nice camera, but only know how to use half of the functions. For two of the weeks, we had a homework assignment. For week two, we had to take a picture of a car. For week three, we had to take a picture of a door or window. They wanted us to be creative and use the different functions we had learned about. Each week the class would vote on the winning photo. There were 20 people in the course, and I ended up getting second place both weeks. My door picture was a picture that I took at Anderson Gardens of two doors. Here is the car picture:


I was the only person that didn't take a picture of an actual car part. I thought Andrew's car would be easier. :) I'm just glad the class is over, because it made for some hectic Monday evenings.

Andrew is still loving daycare, and I usually get him moving in the morning by telling him we are going to go see Bella the cat over there. He also still enjoys wearing mom and dad's shoes in the mornings. Here he is in my slippers:




He is also really enjoying Halloween this year, and we have been watching a lot of the Disney Halloween shows. I still need to help him with his pumpkin this week, which I meant to do over the weekend. I bought him a Mickey Mouse decorating kit for his pumpkin this year. I thought carving might be a little too much.





1 comment:

  1. Love the car image! Also, the 2nd photo makes Andrew look like he is 5! Love the photos! Disappointing about Chucky Cheese...

    ReplyDelete