Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Baseball and Fishing



Andrew has been a busy boy these last few weeks! 

This past Saturday night, he went to his first baseball game. It was just the Rockford Aviators, but he was really feeling it! Mike had free tickets from work, and we met some of his co-workers out there. Andrew was hooting and hollering and really came out of his shell. I think since everybody else was yelling, it gave him the go ahead to act silly without the risk of people looking at him. He would yell out, "Hit the ball!" and "Go, Rocco!" Rocco is the mascot, but I think he might think it's the team. 






On Sunday, he also went fishing for the first time. We had to go to 4 different places last weekend to find a Mickey Mouse fishing pole. He easily lasted 3 hours fishing and was not happy about going home! 









Last weekend, he went to Peyton's 4th birthday party. He was feeling a little shy, but was opening up more and more towards the end. 


Last Sunday, Andrew and I went out to the nursery to pick out some flowers and plant them together. 






 The other big adventure lately has been getting Andrew a twin bed. Last week, Tammy said she had Kaden's bed for sale on Craigslist, and I jumped at the chance to get it. Friday night, Mike and his dad went to go pick it up. Andrew was jumping up and down with excitement. Saturday we bought a mattress and Andrew picked out Angry Bird sheets and a comforter at Walmart. However, once we got everything all set up with the mattress, we saw the bed was just a little tall for him right now because of the shelves. We bought a railing, but he still struggles a bit to get up and down, so we had to put his bathroom stool in there. I tried to have him sleep in there all by himself, but he wanted me to sleep with him. When I tried to walk away, he got so upset that the height wasn't safe. Still trying to figure out what to do. He sure is happy, though! 












1 comment:

  1. Wow!! SO many changes! I want to plant flowers with the girls and get them twin beds so bad... Love the bed, love the funny faces pic at the game, and I love that he helped plant flowers! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete