Monday, February 3, 2014

Winter Updates

Well, not too much to report, but I thought I would check in! I didn't forget about the blog! This winter has been one of the worst I can remember, with not only snow almost every day, but below zero temperatures, which result in us being stuck inside most of the time.

Andrew has started gymnastics during the week, and I usually try and take him somewhere fun once a week, such as the Discovery Center. He still goes to daycare a few days a week to be around other kids, but that will most likely change at the end of March when his provider will have 5 full time children.Over the past month, I have gotten an incredible amount of stuff done on the days he goes to daycare. Outside of the usual errands, I have completed projects that I have left abandoned for years. I ended up catching up on his baby book, which I haven't touched in 2 years. I haven't framed any of my photos since Andrew was born, so I sifted through those and went through a huge framing project. I cleaned and organized the house, cleaned the garage, the basement, and my car. I have also had time to work on Andrew's photo books.

Last weekend, we went to visit a couple of preschools for Andrew for fall, and I think we are pretty much set on the one that is closest to our home. The teacher was great, and she said a lot of the kids are from our neighborhood, so it will be nice for him to meet kids that are the exact same age as him in our area. The only thing is that he must be potty trained before school starts in September, so we will need to work on that some more this summer. He is just not interested!

I have been looking at jobs, but I am pretty set on working from home until Andrew starts going to school full time. Not only did we lose our daycare (that we loved), but we need somebody to pick him up from preschool in the fall if he goes. I have my eye on two different jobs, one of which may not post until August. We'll see how things go these next few months...

Below are some pics from the past month or so. He just keeps getting bigger and bigger! I try to cherish all of our days together.

Enjoying his new train set



Helper in the kitchen


Whoops

The pigeons love our deck! We feed them, and so they sleep and poop on the deck all day.

Cousins
Discovery Center...





Mommy and Andrew's hands









Sepora PlayWorld...



No comments:

Post a Comment