Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Day

I slept with Andrew on Christmas Eve, so I could see his face when he woke up Christmas morning. Mike was already waiting in the living room, because Andrew slept until 8:00 (!). It was a little funny, because he woke up at 4:00 AM and I heard him mumble, "Santa" and then go back to sleep. When he came out, he just stood staring for about 15 seconds (I even got it on video), and then he starts twirling around in circles. He wasn't sure what to do with himself.











After some bike riding and trampoline jumping, I told him he could open his stocking before we ate breakfast. 




Jez got her stocking, too...


After some cinnamon rolls, we started in on the presents. Andrew also couldn't wait to give Mike the "cow" that he painted.








Throwing some snowballs that his elf left him on his way back to the North Pole...



The trampoline quickly turned into a fort and a feeding ground for his "babies".



His babies mean a lot to him...



After a major melt down, (what can you expect from an over-stimulated toddler?), we arrived at Mike's parents' house 45 minutes late.






I couldn't help it...totally my doing.





A few night later, we celebrated Marcia's 60th birthday at one of the clubs Mike's parents belong to. Andrew got help to blow out the candles (spoiled!). We also made some time building a snowman in the front yard. After rolling the first part and soaking my pants all the way through, I knew it was going to be a long, wet, and cold experience if I didn't just finish this snowman off with s small head in that moment.





After that, we came in and Andrew had his first hot chocolate, which consisted of slightly warm chocolate in a mug with a straw.


Happy Holidays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment