Monday, August 18, 2014

Swimming Lessons

Last month, Andrew started taking swimming lessons at the Y. The class includes the parents, so I was dreading it for a long time, but I know how important it is that he learns how to swim. The first class went great, and he really enjoyed it more than I thought he would. The second class, he was uncomfortable with going on his back, and so I told him he didn't have to do it until he was ready. Well, the instructor took him from me and had him do it which ended up really upsetting him. From then on, he didn't really want to go back, and I was not all that thrilled with her method. Since he didn't want to go in week three, I told him he didn't have to go on his back or do this other thing he didn't like in the water. I told the instructor this and she again took him from me and had him do it. The last two weeks we didn't go because he was sick and then I was sick. I don't think either one of us was that disappointed. :) My only goal was to have him get comfortable going into the water, since he had never been in a pool outside of a baby pool. Mission accomplished. I'm going to try and start going and playing with him in the water during free swim there to get him a little more relaxed, then maybe we can shoot for some more lessons next year. Goody. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment