This week, Andrew was the Star of the Week in his class. I helped him with a poster with his favorite pics and filled out a form with his favorites on it. He also got to bring something for show and tell (a mitt and baseball). This week has been the only time that he cried when I dropped him off (both days). He didn't want to present his poster or do show and tell. He wanted me to stay and do it for him. This sounds a lot like me and still does to this day. I don't like to talk in front of a lot of people. I felt so bad for him, but I talked to his teacher, and she reassured him that she would do all the talking. When I picked him off, she said once she started talking about the things he loved, he got really excited and started sharing information.
I also volunteered in his class last week, which was really nice, because I like knowing all the kids and their names. I got to measure and weight all the kids, so we can see how much they grow throughout the year. I also put his first Scholastic book order in, which was super exciting for me. :) Andrew says his favorite part of school is playing in the sandbox and riding the bikes.
I wanted to get a pic of him with his show and tell stuff, but he kept yelling that he had to pee (as you can see). HAHA






No comments:
Post a Comment