Monday, February 6, 2012

Mr. Attitude

I may have actually used this title in an earlier post when he was about 8 or 9 months old, but I can't remember. I guess that means he is still as stubborn as ever. :) While we have had to deal with Andrew not going in his car seat for months, he has now started it back up again. I feel so bad, because we don't take him as many places as we normally would, because it is such an ordeal. I took him out on Saturday to grab some food, but he had something else in mind. I decided I would put Mickey Mouse on my phone from YouTube, and try to get him to watch it while I put him in the seat. Instead he threw it down, and I saw a shoe fly up in the air. Since all I could think about was getting some cheddar fries, I used all my strength to get him in there, but he cried or whined all the way there and back. There are times where he makes it almost impossible though, since he either does a back bend or scrunches his body all the way down. Every time you finally get him where you need him, he moves when you are using your hands to get the seat buckled. Not to mention that I am hunched over, because my car is so small. I think the reason he does it is because he thinks we are going outside. He was so excited when we where leaving that he even lifted each foot in the air for me to put his shoes on and tried to open the door himself to the garage. Once he realized we were going in the car, he wasn't happy at all. Every time we come in from going outside to play, he goes nuts because he doesn't want to come in. There are numerous times in the day that he carries his shoes over to me and gets upset if you don't put them on. On Saturday, he was so persistent that I gave in, even though he had a cold, and it was 40 degrees out.


I love these gloves, because his fingers don't reach the actual finger holes.



On Sunday, I walked him down to the park in our neighborhood, and he had so much fun on the slide and the swings! This is the same park I took him to for the Halloween parade when he refused to get back in the stroller, and I was struggling to carry him and push the stroller. Some things never change. :)

Mike was in Vegas last week with some guys he works with, so Andrew and I had some time to ourselves. He deserved to go on a vacation, since he hasn't been anywhere since I got pregnant. I at least go out to Phoenix in the summer for work. On Friday night, Mike's mom came over to watch Andrew while I took pictures at Tammy's son's birthday party. It was a really good time, and I can't wait to share those moments with Andrew when he gets older. All the little boys were so funny!

Kaden (5) and Monkey Joe

My bestie!

Jon, Kaden, and Tammy

Oh, I think in my last blog, I included some pics of Andrew using his Mickey plate. I tried the bowl that came with it, and it didn't work so well.



Here are a few other favorites from the past week.

Bath time!

Dancin' Machine!


I would never cause trouble...

...or would I?

Love my puzzle


So sweet how he brings me the books he wants to read and sits on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment