This 4th of July was a hot one! I took off the whole week, and Andrew and I didn't get to do much of anything, since it was over 100 degrees the whole week. We did exciting things like Target at 8 in the morning before it got too hot. Here he is in one of the big carts they have at Target, because I couldn't get him in a regular cart. I never thought this would be me...
They were restocking the shelves that day, so we had to back out of every aisle, and I was banging him into all sorts of things.
The day before the 4th, we met my dad and aunt and uncle for lunch. Where did we go? That's right. Andrew's favorite place. Noodles and Company.
He also spent some time chasing the dog around the house with his cart.
The morning of the 4th was off to a really bad start. Andrew was running through the kitchen, and he fell and chipped his tooth. Blood was oozing from his mouth into my hand and his tooth was on his lip. It was pretty scary. We called Mike's mom, and she called one of the dentists she works for. While the dentist was out, his wife was nice enough to let us come over, and she took a look at his mouth. She thought the tooth would need to be filed down at some point, but she didn't think that there was any damage to the gums. The dentist ended up calling later and said we should wait to do anything, because he would need to go under if we did anything now. We have been keeping an eye on it, but I think we are in the clear. We are just happy that he is okay, and we can worry about the tooth later. We survived his first real injury. I'm sure there's more to come. :)
That afternoon, we went over to Mike's parents' house, and we had a great time watching Andrew throw the snappers that I bought him.
Here is a video of him throwing a snapper...
Maybe if I could learn to open my eyes, this would be a good one.
Getting some water after hanging out in the 100 degree heat. He has been doing such a good job with a real cup!
On Thursday, we headed over to my friend Andrea's house, so he could have a play date with her two kids. Bella and Andrew were dancing and having a great time. Bella gave him lots of kisses and even did a slow dance with him.
He and Kennedy had dinner together while laughing at each other from across the table. After dinner, he played a little music for the group.
Bella was nice enough to bring him his water in case he got thirsty while playing.
On Sunday, he went to Kennedy's first birthday party at the park. It just so happened that Andrew (me) was the lucky one that pulled the candy out of the pinata.
While everybody went for the candy, Andrew went for the strings that pulled the candy out. He doesn't know what he is missing out on yet!





















No comments:
Post a Comment