Friday, September 7, 2012

Daycare...Can I handle it?

For the past few months or so, Mike and I have been talking about having Andrew around other kids a bit more often. I thought the perfect solution would be to try and get him in a daycare a couple of mornings a week. I didn’t really know what my chances would be of finding somebody with that kind of opening, but I found a really nice one in our neighborhood. She had one opening, and she said it would be fine if he just came a couple of mornings a week. I was really nervous about the whole thing until I brought Andrew over to her house this week to meet her and the other kids. Andrew didn’t want to leave and seemed to really enjoy the toys and the kids. There are 3 other kids besides him: a baby, a 16 month old, and a 2 year old. I think this whole thing will be harder on me than him. Next week, I leave him for the first time. I am going to just leave him in there for 30 minutes on the first day, so he knows I am coming back. Based off how he does on that first day, I will see how long I want to leave him the next time. I wanted to get him adjusted while Lauren is still taking care of him. Her last day is next Friday, and we are going to miss her so much. I’m sure there will be tears all around. We are going to be hiring somebody else to take care of him at the house during the times he is not at daycare during the week.

Labor weekend seemed to fly by last weekend. Believe it or not, I only got one or two pictures from the whole weekend. Mike went to the Illinois game on Saturday, so Andrew and I had a fun day out. I took him to soccer in the morning and then we went to the park for a while after that. That evening, we picked up Mexican food and hung out at Tammy’s for a few hours. It has been so nice that college football has started up again! Tammy and I watched NIU’s tough loss to Iowa. On Monday, we went the annual Oberheim Labor Day breakfast at the park. Mike’s mom slaved over a hot stove at and made yet another wonderfully delicious breakfast. Andrew had plenty of kisses to go around, as he has been puckering up his lips and giving me and Grandma kisses. He evens makes a "mmmm" sound when he kisses. I could have the worst day ever and be cheered up by his kisses. Last night, I told him I loved him while we watching TV, and he blew me a kiss and said "mmwah!" I thought I was going to cry.

Here are some pics from the last week or so. 

Graham crackers in his tent (by candlelight, of course)



At the park...he loves these things. He likes to blow them into the air.


Yep, drawing on his tummy.


Look at me!

Watching his new favorite show, Jungle Junction. How did he get so big?!

He has been obsessed with headstands since he started going to tumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment