Well, the bum neck has been flaring up again the last couple of weeks. For about 12 days straight, I had trouble looking to the right or up and down. I had to turn my whole body to look at somebody (I call it robot moves). After almost 2 weeks of not being able to move it and taking a crazy amount of pain medication, I called the pain center and got some prednisone and an appointment to come back. They had a new doctor this time, and he was really, really nice. We went over some stretches and we will probably end up doing the botox again once the prednisone fades off. Things started to approve about 5 days after starting it, and I have been doing great since Sunday or so. When I took it back in March, I think it was about 2 weeks before the pain came back. The thing that worries me is that this was the worst flare up I have ever had (outside of after the car accident in March), so I'm really worried the car accident messed things up more. Usually a flare up will last a few days, not a few weeks! The doctor said he didn't think either of the disks were herniated based off my symptoms, but that it could have gotten worse. Lucky me. :) Soooo...we'll see how things go over the next few weeks. I'm a little scared!
Yesterday I took off work for my appointment, and Andrew went to daycare in the morning. He played outside over there, ate lunch there for the first time, and they made some paper squirrels (pics to come). He was so excited when he got home, that he would not fall asleep for his nap. I tried until 3:30, where I ended up giving up. He has never not taken a nap before. Well, Mike came home at 5:30 so we could take him to tumbling, and he fell asleep in the car before we got out of the neighborhood. We drove there anyway, because I needed to drop something off at the front desk. I tired to wake him when we got there, but he was out cold. We drove home, and I put him to bed. He didn't end up waking up until 7:30, so he slept 14 hours! All these changes are exciting and a little exhausting for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment