The weekend after Memorial Day, I participated in the neighborhood garage sale again. It was a little stressful bringing up everything to sell from the basement and price it, but it just felt SO GOOD to get all of that stuff out of the house! The sale days were Friday and Saturday, with Friday being pretty successful. I took off Thursday, Friday, and Monday from work, so I could get ready for the sale and then clean it all up. On Monday, I cleaned the entire garage and basement and made a trip to goodwill. On Saturday, I ended up closing down early because we were slow, and Andrew came with me to a few sales that were still going on. We found some fun things, including ANOTHER soccer ball, a book, and some sorting bears. The bears seemed like a good idea at the time, so he could practice his colors, but they are pretty much taking over the house (all 100 of them):
Saturday afternoon, a thunderstorm rolled in, and Andrew was able to get some good use out of his dino rain boots.
Since I had already taken 3 days off of work, it was no surprise when Andrew got sick on Monday night. I noticed when we were getting ready for bed that he felt really warm. His temp was 103.2, so I gave him some Tylenol. In the morning, it was still over 103, so we took him to the doctor. Even though his only symptom was a fever, he said it was virus. Things got really scary on Tuesday night when his temp got to 104.5. I gave him more Tylenol and went to sleep with him in the guest bed. I woke up at 1 AM, because he was shaking next to me. His temp was now 105.5. I went into panic mode and ran to wake Mike up. We gave him more Tylenol, and I sat by his side for 40 minutes until it went down. It didn't get under 103 until Thursday, so we took turns taking off work. It was a very scary 3 days!
Thursday I knew he was feeling better when he wanted to wear his glasses.
Lately, Andrew has really been into his "babies", as he calls them. These are all his stuffed animals, plus some beanie babies that my mom had from a long time ago. He knows all of the beanie babies' names, and sleeps with over 20 stuffed animals every night. The other night, he was almost asleep, but opens his eyes and says, "Where's Wrinkles, Mama?" I was too tired to get up, so I had him go find Wrinkles in the living room. Over 20 animals is just not enough, and he actually realizes when one of them is missing!
Last week, Andrew told me he loved me for the first time and I cried. :) We were singing songs in bed, and he stopped singing to say, "I love you, Mama." He said again last night out of the blue, so I am on cloud nine. :)
Last weekend we took Andrew out Mike's parents' boat, as he seemed to be feeling much better. He loves being out on the water!
Holding "Ralphie"
A few other shots from the last week or two:
![]() |
| Pushing Clifford around the yard |
He has really been into eating bananas and asking me to take his picture in this box.
![]() |
| Watching a thunderstorm from the garage |
One last thing that has affected us quite a bit for the past couple of weeks is some changes at Andrew's daycare. His daycare provider's husband has 3 sons from a previous marriage and they come to visit once in a while. Since they live out of state, they have only been here 2 or 3 times for a week since he started there last August. Well, they are here visiting again, but they are staying for 9 weeks because of the summer. So, instead of there being just 5 kids (including Andrew), there are these 3 older boys in addition to her 7 year old son that lives with them. The kids are great, but it is just way more noise and chaos than Andrew is used to. He is pretty shy and prefers things to be pretty quite. He also has a tough time with change. Since they arrived, I have had trouble getting him to her house in the mornings, and we really had some issues with his tantrums the first week or two. Things seemed to have improved the past week or so as he is trying to adjust, but it has been really stressful on me, as I want him to be happy during the day. :(






















No comments:
Post a Comment