Sunday, April 8, 2012
New Car
Look familiar? You go with what you know and love! Yesterday we headed over to Crystal Lake Toyota to see what kind of deal with could get from the guy that sold us Mike's Highlander. Our intention was to get a quote on a used Corolla, but the guy gave us such a smokin' deal on the new one, that it made much more sense to buy new. I'm really happy with it, and I already feel comfortable driving it, so I'm glad to have this car situation off my shoulders! Andrew came with us to buy the car, and he was such a good boy! He ran around the dealership laughing and visiting with the employees. As far as the insurance goes, our insurance company talked to the guy that hit me, and he is now saying the accident was due to a light malfunction on his end. Give me a break! I'm just hoping this all ends smoothly, and everything stays 100% his fault, because there is not one thing I could have done to avoid the accident.
One other discouraging thing that has come of this is the accident flared up the two bulging disks that I have been dealing with in my neck these last few years. The day after the accident, things started to grow from bad to worse in my neck. I was literally taking 8 to 10 ibuprofens a day, so I called my doctor's office 5 days in to tell them about the pain I was having. The nurse told me that any kind of whiplash could cause some swelling, which results in the disks rubbing on the nerves. They prescribed something to reduce the swelling, and this is the best my neck has felt in 5 years. I took the last pill yesterday, so we will see if all comes back. I have my fingers crossed, because I have been managing the pain since I had the botox injections in my neck almost 3 years ago. I don't need to spend any more time at the pain center. I have enough to worry about right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment