Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Oberheim and Woodsmall Gift Exchange

On Tuesday, Tammy and I got the kids together again so they could exchange gifts. Kaden brought another beautiful picture he drew, but this time it was for me instead of Andrew. The picture was of snowmen and even had my name on it. He is just so thoughtful and sweet. Upon taking off his coat, Kaden asked where the presents were, which made us burst out laughing. Here is our attempt at a "group shot." I had to give Andrew an ornament just so he would stay in the same vicinity as them.


Andrew received the Little People Play and Go Castle, shown here by Peyton:


The castle was a good choice!


Peyton received a Minnie Mouse blender set, which drew a lot of excitement...Andrew included! The blender came with fake ice cubes and fruit, as well as Minnie glasses. Andrew kept walking over to the box and smiling. Kaden asked Peyton over and over again if he could play with it later, and she told him no each time. After getting turned down numerous times, Kaden tried one last time and said, "Hey Peyton, are you SURE you don't want me to play with this later?" He said he wanted to put one of those lemons on his glass.


Kaden got some Toy Story hot wheels, but prefers not to have his photo taken. You can't blame the poor kid. Tammy and I are snapping pictures like paparazzi every time we are together. It is in this picture that I told him I wanted to get a picture of one of the cars.


Buddies...


Before leaving, I gave Tammy back one of the toys she had borrowed to Andrew. It wasn't long before all the new toys were forgotten and they all gathered around the old one.


Even though the kids stopped over for about 30 minutes, Andrew was so worn out from the play date that he took a three hour nap. When he woke up, we opened his new castle so he could play with it.


Tuesday just got even better, because I got to meet Tammy and Emily for lunch at Chipotle. Love my time with them! Emily was kind enough to bring a birthday present and Christmas present for Andrew. One of the gifts was a Rudolph stuffed toy with a book. I have read that book at least 20 times in the last 24 hours. He just loves it! Here he is with Rudolph.


Later that afternoon it started to snow unexpectedly. Here is a picture of Jez checking out the snow.


Time has been ticking down towards Christmas, and I still have some last minute things I need to grab! We are having Christmas Eve with my family over at our house this year, and I think I'm almost done getting everything ready for that. We figured it would be much easier to have Andrew in his own space, so he can go to bed at his normal time, and we can still be with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment