For the last few nights, Andrew decided he would like to stay up waaaaay past his bedtime. Well, Thursday night, I was trying to get ready for the garage sale and I told Mike to just let him cry since it was more than an hour past his bedtime. Well, Mike came out to the garage and said, "Guess who was just walking down the hall?" He said he heard footsteps and saw him walking around. Yep, he got out of his crib! I ended up taking the bumper out, and we haven't had any issues since. Scary stuff! Not ready for that yet!
Last weekend we bought him a grocery cart and a basketball hoop, which he has been enjoying. The thing with Andrew is that he can find something crazy to do with a toy that never crosses my mind. Right when he got his hands on the grocery cart, he pushed it over on its side and stood on top of it. Not what I had in mind...
He has also been doing a wonderful job brushing his teeth! We have had a heck of a time with the teeth, and I finally read something online about buying two matching toothbrushes and brushing your teeth on the floor with him. Well, it worked! He has his own toothpaste for toddlers that you can swallow (it's fruit punch, and I pretend to put it on my brush), and he now LOVES to brush his teeth two times a day. It's a miracle! He just needs to work on staying in the bathroom. For some reason, he always tries to find Jez so he can brush her hair with his toothbrush.
Yesterday and today, I also did my first garage sale here. It was a little slow, but I got rid of a lot of stuff that was clogging up my basement (all kid stuff!). When I brought up all his old stuff, he instantly became a baby once again.
Mike's cousin, Beth, sat out there with me for the sale, and it was actually pretty fun! We go to be outside and talk, while trying to get rid of stuff. I also got to know some of my neighbors a bit better, since it was a neighborhood garage sale. We shut down the sale today at about 2, because it got so slow, and then Tammy brought Kaden and Peyton over to play for a little bit. Andrew turns 18 months tomorrow, and the last 6 months seemed to fly by!









No comments:
Post a Comment