Friday, May 11, 2012

I'll wear what I want to wear!

The funniest thing happened tonight. It all started this morning when I asked Andrew what he wanted to wear, and he brought out his monkey pajamas. I told him that he needed to pick out some day clothes. I tried to find the monkey ones for this evening, but the pants were suddenly missing. Well, we put on his monster pajamas, and he just starts screaming, and I look at Mike and tell him I have no idea what he is so upset about. Well, he runs away, and we hear him going through his drawers. He comes back with the monkey top and bottoms (which were missing!). He must have put the pants somewhere and knew where they were. He knows what he wants to wear, and he's not messing around!

He also tried some of dad's ice cream bar this week, which he loved. We don't really give him too many sweets yet. I figure if he doesn't know they exist yet, then that is just fine with me! 




I would like to add that Dick's Sporting Goods is the cheapest (free!) and most entertaining place to take a toddler. It was better than the Discovery Center. Andrew enjoys golfing on the green, riding in kayaks, playing with the balls, and running through tents. True excitement! :)

Below is a video of all the fun we have been having in Andrew's home (post hurricane). I actually bought some tape and tried to fix the house the best I could. I think it probably doesn't have too much longer to go before it makes it to the garbage. Of course he is playing with one of his Christmas toys in there! The part in the video that YouTube used for the still picture below is kind of scaring me. It looks like a creature is coming in the window behind him, but when I watched it, it looks like it is just the bedspread. Yikes!


Last weekend was my birthday, and so Saturday night, Mike and I went out to dinner while Mike's mom watched Andrew. On Sunday, my dad came over, and we went back to Noodles and Company and made sure we stopped inside Dick's Sporting Goods again, which is across the street. I have been pretty much dreading this weekend, because of Mother's Day, and I just want to have it be over with! Next weekend, we are going to spread mom's ashes, which has been giving me a lot of anxiety. Obviously something we want to do for her, but not looking forward to it.

Below are some additional pics I took this week that I wanted to include:

Playing in the backyard

I have your frisbee!

I was going to put this in the garage sale, but somebody else claimed it...

Hi.

1 comment: