Monday, November 28, 2011

Deck the Halls!

I have been so excited to put up my Christmas stuff for a while now, and I had my big chance when Andrew was sleeping on Friday. He had his one year doctor's appointment in the morning, and he was so worn out from his shots that he slept almost 2.5 hours. He is now 20 pounds on the dot and 29.5 inches. Anyway, I put up everything but the ornaments, so we could put them on in the evening. All I could get done the week before was the garland on the stairs. Here he is checking out the lights...



Here he is "helping" with the ornaments...





...but then something more exciting caught his eye that took him off task.


Jez didn't notice. She was just happy that I brought the snowman rug up from the basement.


All done!






Christmas just makes me so happy! I have so many great memories from childhood.

A few months ago, I bought Andrew an advent calendar for him to use each year. Can't pass up a 50% off Christmas sale at Hobby Lobby. :) I brought it out on Saturday to show him.



I just love this shirt (minus the drool). :)


That evening I wrapped all the presents that I have been stashing in the closet for the last month. My back was killing me afterward. I swear I feel like I'm 90 years old some days. Here are all the presents below the tree (and it's not even December yet). I still need to shop for the adults, so all these presents are for kids and dogs. Ha! I know the pic is a little dark, because I didn't use the flash.


On Sunday, Mike and I had a relaxing few hours in the afternoon while Mike's mom and his cousin watched Andrew at our house. We had lunch at Olive Garden with Cortney and John and then met their new puppy after lunch. It's always good to get away with other adults! As much as I love my little boy, I was happy he was not standing on the table at Olive Garden trying to grab my breadstick.

I will say that am I getting more and more excited for Christmas morning. I can only imagine how excited I will be when Andrew actually knows what is going on. :) My grandma said she is sending him one of those red and yellow little tike cars for Christmas, so I am going to put that out Christmas Eve along with the rocking horse and sled I got him. I can already see him making a bee line for all the new stuff. I'm sure I'll be posting plenty of pics on that day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment