Monday, November 7, 2011

Mom's Birthday and Mr. Independent

Last Wednesday was my mom's birthday, and so we got together on Saturday and took Andrew and Jez to the park. Jez was so happy to get out, and she had some trouble getting around a little bit that evening, so I knew she got a good run in. Andrew helped my mom open her birthday gift, and loved the wrapping. I have a feeling I know how his birthday and Christmas will go. I should just buy him a bunch of boxes and ribbons. It would be much cheaper!
Happy Birthday, Mom!
You can see by looking at his shirt why he almost always wearing a bib.

For the past week or so, Andrew has decided to be Mr. Independent and show us his baby attitude again. He won't go in his car seat or high chair again, and he won't let me change his diaper. He also stopped eating table food, and will not eat at all or just eat a little bit of baby food. I suspect the eating phase may be due to some teeth coming in, but it makes me a little nervous since he will be off of formula in 2 weeks. Once he gets his new big boy car seat over the next few weeks, I won't have to worry about the car seat issue anymore. I can't take him anywhere alone, because I can't get him back in the car seat. Yesterday morning I had to change his poopy diaper while he was standing, which was a huge mess since I could only use one hand, and he was trying to leap off the table. It's all hard to imagine until you actually see what he does in these situations. My baby is out of control. :) The funny part is that he does not do any of these things for Lauren, who comes and watches him during the week. Interesting....

Sunday we had to turn the clocks back, which has not worked well with his schedule. I may be waking up an hour earlier for the rest of my life now. :) He doesn't know the difference. He just knows that it is light and time to get up. Here he is helping me turn back the living room clock.





Right now Jez is on a vacation at Mike's parents' house. She has just become desperate for attention these last few weeks (hence the stolen ball), and it is hard for me to give her all the exercise and attention that I used to before Andrew came along. Whenever she wants somebody to pay attention to her, she tries to show off by carrying a bunch of toys in her mouth at one time. Her record is 5 things at one time when we were living in Arizona. Here she is trying to get my attention with 2 bones and a ball yesterday...


It worked, because I took her picture, and she loves that. So, anyway, we decided that it would be nice for her and for us if we she had a vacation for a week or so at her Grandma and Grandpa's. They let her sleep on the bed, so I'm imagining she is pretty happy right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment