I'll start off by posting an update on the toddler bed. It's not working out so hot. Last week, I tried putting him back as many times I needed to, but I haven't stayed consistent. The first night, I put him back 48 times. The second night, it was 13 times. However, for nights three and four, he only got up only once or twice, but I did something different. I stayed in his room until he fell asleep, which then resulted in him coming to find me the second he woke up (midnight on the third night and 5 AM on the fourth night). I had a lot of trouble falling back asleep on those nights. After the fourth night, I just couldn't get him to fall asleep in his bed anymore. I would wait a little over an hour and he was still tossing and turning. I guess you could say I gave up, as he has been sleeping with me in the guest bed the last few nights.
I think I have been so hesitant, because he has been going through a stage the last 2 weeks or so where he doesn't want to leave my side. This started before the toddler bed arrived. If we are playing in his room, and I try to take a few steps out of the room, he will run over and pull me back in. It is for this reason that I feel so guilty leaving him alone in the room crying when he can't even stand for me to leave to go to the bathroom while he is playing. As all stages, I'm assuming this will end over the next few weeks, and then I may try the bed technique again. It is just very exhausting (physically and mentally), and you must stay consistent from night to night. Plus, I kind of like sleeping with him, because he loves to snuggle, but I know it's best that I don't make a habit of it for his own sake. However, on Tuesday night, he woke up at 2:30 AM and was throwing up all over the bed (including the dog). That was a fun one. I'm wondering if he gagged when he was coughing, because he was totally fine when he went to bed and when he woke up in the morning. I took a sick day, and we ended up going to the mall, because he was in such good spirits. I finished up some shopping and he got to visit Santa. He just really likes Santa, which seems unusual for kids his age.
Last Saturday, I let him decorate Christmas cookies, which he loved (it stressed me out a bit). He would put a whole bottle of sprinkles on one cookie if you let him!
Later that day, he pulled the cooling tray down with the cookies on it, and they all fell face down on the tile. Yum! In the afternoon, we did some shopping and took him to a diner for dinner. He has been such a good boy eating out. We just let him sit in the booth with us, and he loves it.
On Sunday, we went out to lunch and met Mike's parents up at Lombardi Club for the kids party with Santa.
He went up to collect his gift with his cousins again this year.
Once the party was over, Andrew started jogging off, and I followed him to see where he was going. He walks right up to Santa and gives him a high five. Unless he is afraid next year, I think we are in the clear!

No comments:
Post a Comment