On Tuesday, Mike and I
celebrated our seventh anniversary. Mike's parents came over on Saturday night
to watch Andrew so we could go out to dinner. We ate a new Japanese restaurant in town and then stopped at Culver's for desert. It was some much needed adult time after the week I had had with Andrew not sleeping! He was still up and partying when we got home. We thought maybe he would go down for Mike's mom in the new toddler bed, because he does all sorts of stuff for her, but no such luck on this one! On Tuesday morning, I received received some beautiful roses from Mike!
Tuesday was going great until something bizarre happened in the afternoon. I was getting in a quick shower after work and decided to shoot off a quick blog in my robe before getting dressed. The door bell then started to ring continuously, as well as somebody banging on it at the same time. It continued to get worse, so I ran to the door trying to cover up all my parts with the short robe that I had on. The cops were out there, and they said that they received a 911 call from my residence. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I let them in and ran to get dressed. They asked me if I was alone, and they were suspiciously looking around. The house was trashed from Andrew and his breakfast was still sitting out from that morning. I looked crazy, so I'm not sure if they believed me. The call came from my work line somehow. After they left, I picked up the line and noticed it was just static. I called Frontier, and they put in a ticket and said they would get back with me. The next day they called and gave me some line about how the control panel went down, the lines got crossed, and when there is too much pressure on a valve, the system calls 911. HUH??! That sounds like a problem to me. What if left for lunch or I was in the actual shower? They would have bust down my door!
That night, Andrew went to his first session of his 3 week Christmas music class. One of the girls he goes to daycare with was in there, so it was really fun! The girl's mom also works from home in our neighborhood, so we had a good time getting to know each other. Andrew loved "Up on the Rooftop", because of the part that goes, "Ho, Ho, Ho, who wouldn't go?" Then when we say, "Up on the rooftop, click, click, click", we snap our fingers. He tries to snap his fingers too. We have been singing it every day since. This morning he didn't want to take his Santa pajamas off, so I told him he could bring them to daycare. He held them close as we walked out to the car, on the ride over, and as he walked into Miss Andrea's. He's a hoot!
No comments:
Post a Comment